Pilot to Pilot podcast Episode 39 Featuring AJ Ramsey
What is going on Avination?! Welcome back to the Pilot to Pilot podcast episode #39! I can’t believe it has been 39 episodes already, time flies when you are having fun. Today’s episode is a big one, I talk with TMT pilot AJ Ramsey. Yes, TMT as in Floyd Money Mayweather’s pilot. I mean talk about one of the best jobs in aviation. You truly never know where you can wind up in this crazy industry.
In this episode AJ and I talk about.
- Why AJ wanted to become a pilot.
- How he held a job during his training.
- How AJ and I had the same first job.
- What AJ’s training was like.
- AJ talks about how you decide between a part 61 or part 141 flight school.
- How you are still going to end up being a good pilot no matter what flight school you choose.
- It all comes down to the type of person you are.
- It’s not a one size fits all type of business.
- How you build the foundation of the type of pilot you will be when are a CFI or building your hours.
- The importance of learning how to adapt to other flying personalities.
- Why AJ became a CFI.
- How there is no norm in aviation.
- Now is the time to get into aviation.
- AJ and I talk about
pilotlessairplanes and the future of aviation.
- Would a plane flying on automation be able to make the same choices as Sully did?
- What did AJ love about being a CFI.
- Most memorable experience as a flight instructor.
- AJ talks about students trying to kill him.
- What is one thing students struggle with on check rides?
- Why I didn’t become a flight instructor.
- AJ is a testament to why it is important to stay in touch with your flight instructors.
- Don’t let aviation become a job. Make sure you keep the passion.
- What it is like to fly a Gulfstream.
- Why you need to look at more than salary when choosing a job.
- How a lot of times a job pays more for a reason.
- Why AJ believes we have a lot in common with the medical field.
- How Aviation is all about delayed gratification.
- AJ talks about why it is important to enjoy each stage of the process.
- What it is like to fly for Floyd Money Mayweather.
- Rapid Fire questions with AJ
- How to get a job flying Floyd Mayweather.
Avination, thank you for listening to today’s episode. If you enjoyed it, please let me know! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to me on Instagram @pilottopilot. Also, make sure to check out the Pilot to Pilot patreon page.