PILOT TO PILOT PODCAST EP 024 FT. LOGAN FLOOD: REGIONAL AIRLINE PILOT & PLANE CRASH SURVIVOR
What is going on Avination?!
Today, I am talking with Logan Flood. Logan is a current regional airline captain, flying out of everyone’s favorite Laguardia airport. Logan has overcome an incredible amount of adversity and disabilities to get to where he is today. If you would like to read more about Logan and his accident check out this article “No One Would Ever Hire Me”
Some of the things we talk about in this episode are.
- His dream was to be a starship cargo pilot.
- Star Wars helped him find his love for aviation.
- We talk about his hometown in Nebraska.
- How he thought the only way to become a pilot was by going to the Air Force.
- Talked about how Flight Sim helped Logan get familiar with flying.
- How working at Sears led him to find out he can be a pilot with poor vision.
- How his high school teacher got him an internship at a local FBO.
- How he quit Sears as soon as he realized he could work at the airport.
- How Logan chose what College to go to.
- How he saved money in college.
- Logan was renting airplanes for $50 with the instructor fee.
- How he started his flying career.
- How Logan’s connections helped him get his first job.
- Why it is important to have a mentor in your career.
- Why its all about networking.
- How regionals used to require 2,000 TT.
- We talk about how he built his time.
- Logan goes into detail about what happened with his accident.
- We talk about the extent of his injuries
- How long it took him to recover.
- How he was able to get his license back.
- What it was like dealing with the FAA.
- How he was able to help a paralyzed student reach his dream of becoming a pilot.
- Why he thought he could never fly for the airlines.
- How he overcomes his disability,
- Why he wants to stay at Republic his whole career.
- How Logan was able to stay positive in such a horrific accident.
PILOT TO PILOT PODCAST EP 023 FT DANIEL BAKER: FLIGHTAWARE CEO
- How FlightAware is used by everyone, not just avgeeks.
- How It’s crazy to think there used to be a time where we didn’t track our flights.
- Why he created FlightAware.
- We talk about how FlightAware has grown.
- What Daniel loves about aviation.
- How the iPad has changed the aviation industry.
- How one day you’ll need an endorsement for steam gauges.
- The things FlightAware can do are amazing.
- What it was like learning to fly in a class Charlie airport.
- What frustrated him in his training.
- Why flight schools should give you an accurate price for your training.
- How easy it is to lose your instrument proficiency.
- Why he loves Instrument flying.
- How shiny jet syndrome is a real thing.
- Why it is important to enjoy your flight training.
- What it is like to fly in China.
- Rapid Fire questions.
- What Daniel truly loves about aviation.
- Why you have to prepare yourself for every situation.
- No matter how safe of a pilot you are there will always be a time you have to deal with a failure.
- How and Why I use FlightAware.
- Daniel answers the questions you have for him.
- Why setting expectations are key in aviation.
CEO Coradine Aviation
What is going on Avination?!
Today, I am talking with Noah Lieberman. Noah is the CEO and creator of one of my favorite aviation applications LogTen Pro X. In this episode, we talk about Noah’s first flight, and how it was in a DC3. We talk about how automation can get in the way of flying safely. We talk about what it is like flying in an unpressurized airplane over the Rockies, and why Noah created LogTen Pro X.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please let us know. Email us at email@example.com or reach out to us on Instagram @pilottopilot.
Happy Flying #Avination!