Pilot to Pilot podcast episode 32: Pilot to Pilot Ask Me Anything.
What is going on avination, welcome back to the Pilot to Pilot podcast. In today’s episode I am answering the most asked questions from you, the avination. I hope you enjoy today’s podcast if you do make sure you leave us a review on iTunes and Facebook. Also, check out our Patreon page .
Pilot to Pilot podcast episode 31 featuring Colin Henry: CFI Building Time.
What is going on avination and welcome to the Pilot to Pilot podcast. This is the first episode of 2018 and I can’t wait to share it with you all. Colin is a current CFI in California building his time before he figures out what his next move is.
In this episode we talk about.
- How Colin didn’t love flying when he was younger.
- How he slowly warmed up to flying and became a sim geek.
- How a TBM was Colin’s first plane to fly.
- How martial arts helped Colin realize his love for teaching.
- Why Colin chose to go to Florida instead of doing his training in California.
- How long it took Colin to get his ratings.
- How it is easy to get rusty at certain maneuvers if you don’t practice them all the time.
- Why he chose to be a CFI at a part 61 school instead of part 141.
- Why it is important to recognize how you learn.
- Why it is important to find a good balance between flying in weather and saying no to flying.
- What was Colin’s training like?
- Why he failed his multi-engine check ride.
- What is the one thing that gets students in trouble with their check ride?
- If you are afraid of stalls you shouldn’t use that as an excuse to stop practicing them.
- Why Colin still doesn’t like doing stalls.
- Scariest stories from being a CFI.
- Why it is important to stay coordinated in stalls!
- What it is like soloing a student.
- What does it feel like to sign off a student.
- What Colin’s favorite part of being a CFI.
- What Colin’s least favorite part of being a CFI is.
- Colin talks about an engine failure.
- Why Colin’s goals are for his career.
- How you can’t count on money in this industry.
Avination, thank you for listening to today’s episode. If you enjoyed it, please let me know! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to me on Instagram @pilottopilot. Also, make sure to check out the Pilot to Pilot patreon page.
Get your free Audible trial at audibletrial.com/pilottopilot.