Pilot to Pilot podcast ep 30 ft Dean Siracusa: CEO Flying Eyes Sunglasses.
What is going on avination, today I am talking with the founder and CEO of Flying Eyes Sunglasses Dean Siracusa.
In this episode we talk about.
- How he turned a fear of flying into a passion for flying.
- What an Airline Pilot told Dean to help him combat his fear of flying.
- What he wanted to get out of his first few lessons.
- What scared him about flying.
- Why he was timid about stalls.
- What he did to combat those fears.
- How aerobatic lessons fixed his fear of stalls.
- How you can think of turbulence as cars going over potholes.
- How turbulence always seems worse in IFR than VFR.
- I share some details into my engine failure.
- How cleaning magnetos can seem odd to a new pilot.
- What it was like to learn how to fly in Southern California.
- How learning in a busy airspace helped Dean get over mic fright.
- What it is like flying a piston airplane in big Bravo airports.
- Materials he used to study.
- What it was like being a professional photographer and flight student at the same time.
- How it is okay if it takes you a long time to get your ratings.
- Why it is importing to get your IFR rating.
- Why an Autopilot can become your best friend in IMC.
- What Dean thought about his IFR training.
- What his hardest check ride was.
- Dean tells some stories from his check ride.
- Dean shares some scary flights that he has had.
- Why it is important to learn from your mistakes.
- Why Dean created Flying Eyes.
Avination, thank you for listening to today’s episode. If you enjoyed it, please let me know! Email me at email@example.com or reach out to me on Instagram @pilottopilot. Also, make sure to check out the Pilot to Pilot patreon page.
Get your free Audible trial at audibletrial.com/pilottopilot.