Pilot to Pilot podcast ep 28 ft Greg Mink Business Aviation and former F16 pilot.
What is going on avination, this week I am talking with Greg Mink. You might know Greg by his Youtube name Premier 1 Driver. Greg is former Air National Guard F16 pilot and current Beechcraft Premier pilot.
In this episode Greg and I talk about.
- How Greg’s dad got him into aviation
- How struggling to taxi a 172 made Greg wonder if he would ever be able to master flying.
- How Greg and his dad did their training together.
- How there was a competition between him and his dad on who could finish their training first.
- Greg was flying before he could drive himself to the airport.
- How he had to wait until he was 17 before he could take his PPL check ride.
- How he built time and experience before taking his PPL.
- How 75 nautical mile cross countries used to feel like long flights.
- Some reasons why I chose aerial survey.
- What he struggled with in his training.
- How you learn from other pilots mistakes.
- How no one will second guess safety.
- What it is like going form an arrow to a HP multi.
- How he graduated high school with his instrument rating.
- How we both thought we were hot stuff flying a Seneca.
- You have to enjoy the moment that you are in.
- Why Greg really enjoyed Instrument flying.
- Why he recommends anyone he talks with to get their instrument rating.
- Why it is important to not only get your IFR rating but also maintain proficiency.
- What was next in his training.
- How Top Gun pushed Greg towards the air national guard.
- What the air national guard training was like.
- How they treated him like a brand new pilot.
- We go into detail about his training and life in the National Guard.
- I ask Greg what flying the F16 is like.
- What it is like to be 24 years old and fly an F16.
- We talk about his favorite F16 stories.
- What it is like going from an F16 to a C 210.
- Why he got out of the Air national guard.
- Why Greg chose the business world over airlines.
- What it is like to fly low altitudes at high speeds with night vision goggles on.
- What business aviation was like.
- What to look for when buying a plane.
- The different planes he has owned and flown.
- We find out what an MU2 salute is.
- Why they chose the Beechcraft premier.
- Why business aviation is important for companies.
- Why he created premier1driver.
- What the goal of premier 1 driver is.
Avination, thank you for listening to today’s episode. If you enjoyed it, please let me know! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to me on Instagram @pilottopilot. Also, make sure to check out the Pilot to Pilot patreon page.
Get your free Audible trial at audibletrial.com/pilottopilot.
Follow Pilot to Pilot