PILOT TO PILOT PODCAST EP 26 FEATURING AVIATRIX AND CFI EMILY MELDRUM.
What is going on avination, and welcome back to the Pilot to Pilot podcast. This week I am talking with CFI Emily Meldrum.
In this episode, Emily and I talk about.
- How her dads love for aviation helped get Emily into Aviation.
- Why she joined Aviation Explorers in High School.
- How an annual slowed down her private pilot training.
- We talk about why my training took so long.
- Why she switched flight schools.
- Why she chose ATP.
- How to choose a flight school.
- She talks about what her ATP experience was like.
- Why they didn’t transfer any of her previous time.
- The “six-month program” took over a year.
- How ATP works for a very certain type of person.
- How you need to do your research on what flight school to choose.
- How you can’t let anyone push you to take a check ride when you aren’t ready.
- We talk about the differences between the two flight schools she attended.
- What made flight training fun for Emily.
- What Emily’s least favorite part of training was.
- We talk about Emily’s training from Private to CFI.
- Why ATP is not very forgiving.
- How and Why ATP will kick you out if you can’t keep up.
- How she had 4 different instructors during her instrument training.
- How she never flew through a cloud until she was a flight instructor.
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to fly in clouds.
- Why Emily thinks the check rides are easier than the actual training.
- What planes Emily flew while at ATP.
- How they only gave her 8 hours to learn how to fly a multi-engine airplane.
- What it is like training a foreign student.
- Get to know everything and anything about ATP
- Why she loved CFI training.
- Why I hated my CFI training.
- How your DE knows that you will make mistakes on your check rides.
- How you can talk your way into trouble on a check ride.
- Why she chose to become a CFI at CAE rather than ATP.
- She tells her craziest CFI stories.
- We talk about what it is like to be a woman in aviation.
- We talk about how expensive it is to become a pilot.
- Ways to make money while training.
Avination, thank you for listening to today’s episode. If you enjoyed it, please let me know! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to me on Instagram @pilottopilot. Also, make sure to check out the Pilot to Pilot patreon page.
Get your free Audible trial at audibletrial.com/pilottopilot.