PILOT TO PILOT PODCAST EP 25 FT KEVIN FROM I AM THE DRIZZLE
What is going on avination, welcome back to the Pilot to Pilot podcast. This week I am re-releasing the I am the drizzle podcast. I am the drizzle also known as drizzle or Kevin is everyone’s favorite Instagram pilot & meme creator.
In this Episode, Kevin and I talk about.
- Why he failed his Single engine commercial check ride.
- How Embry Riddles training set him up for his airline training.
- Why it is important to learn how to say now early in your aviation career.
- How he was furloughed from being a flight instructor and ended up as a yo yo salesman at a mall.
- Why becoming a 787 captain doesn’t happen overnight
- How Embry riddle had the best avionics you could ask for in 1993.
- How they had a bunch of engine failures with 172’s.
- Talking about going from a Cherokee to a Mooney.
- How most examiners aren’t out to get you.
- How a failed check ride should be a learning experience.
- What the decision-making process is like in aviation.
- How it is important to learn how to say no in aviation.
- Would he recommend someone to go to Embry Riddle?
- That it is hard to justify spending north of $200,000 for flight lessons.
- We talk about how fast the industry can change.
- How he was furloughed from being a flight instructor.
- And how he worked in the mall aYo-Yoo Yo salesman.
- How regionals hire until they furlough.
- How you need to have grit and determination to get through this career.
- How the first thing to go during any economic downturn is aviation.
- When the bad times come we have to remember that we are still living our childhood dreams.
- How you need to keep your applications up to date.
- How you need to grind and hustle to get your hours.
- How he took a massive pay cut going from a regional to his major job.
- How you have to take some risks in this career.
- Why it is important to think outside the box sometimes.
- Don’t put yourself in a situation to where you can’t afford to take a pay cut for a job that would propel your career.
- How becoming a 787 captain doesn’t happen overnight you have to work for it.
- I ask him what he prefers airbus, Boeing or Embraer?
- How is single favorite airplane is the 757.
- How he never gets any one to come up in the cockpit of the E190.
- What the Drizzle would be doing if he wasn’t a pilot.Avination, thank you for listening to today’s episode. If you enjoyed it, please let me know! Email me at email@example.com or reach out to me on Instagram @pilottopilot. Also, make sure to check out the Pilot to Pilot patreon page.
Get your free Audible trial at audibletrial.com/pilottopilotHappy Flying,