Pilot to Pilot podcast ep 021 ft. Chris Palmer: CFI & Aviation Content Creator
What is going on Avination?!
Welcome back to the Pilot to Pilot podcast, today I am talking with Chris Palmer. Chris is a current CFI in Alaska and also the host of the podcast Aviatorcast and creator of the Angle of Attack show on Youtube.
In today’s episode we talk about.
- Why he got into aviation.
- We talk about part 141 and part 61 schools.
- Why it is important for everyone to know that 141 isn’t the only way to go.
- Chris has a message for anyone thinking about becoming a CFI.
- We talk about the 1500 hour rule.
- How flight sim helped him become a better pilot.
- Some Struggles he had in instrument training.
- How he almost had to declare an emergency during an instrument flight due to ice.
- We talk about when it all just clicked for his instrument training.
- Why there is nothing wrong with a taking more training to be comfortable flying IFR.
- How some instrument instructors haven’t flown in much actual.
- Why it is important to fly in clouds when you are an instrument-rated pilot.
- Chris gives you a little tip for instrument flying.
- Why he had to take two years off from his instrument training.
- Why his commercial training was his hardest training.
- Why it is important to have fun.
- Why you should embrace the tough situations.
- How his CFI check ride was easy.
- We talk about what his end game with aviation is.
- Why he wants to be a forever CFI.
Thank you to my Patron supporters Daniel Morrissey, Josh Ortiz, and Philip Sutfin. I couldn’t do this without you guys!